The power outage impacting the Malibu Campus has been resolved. Southern California Edison was able to restore power. Malibu classes are being held as follows for the remainder of today:
- Seaver College classes are canceled through 5 PM. Classes beginning after 5 PM will be held as regularly scheduled.
- School of Public Policy classes are canceled through 5 PM. Classes beginning after 5 PM will be held as regularly scheduled.
- School of Law classes beginning after 3 PM will be held as regularly scheduled.
- Graziadio Business School classes will be held as regularly scheduled.
- Graduate School of Education and Psychology classes will be held as regularly scheduled.
All Malibu campus employees are expected to remain on campus and complete their regularly scheduled shifts.
For the latest news and information on this outage, please visit Pepperdine’s Emergency Information Page at emergency.pepperdine.edu.
Pepperdine University officials continue to monitor several wildfires in Southern California. At this time, all University campuses remain open and classes will continue as regularly scheduled. If conditions change, University officials will update the community as soon as possible. Please continue to monitor the University’s Emergency Information Page for the latest information.
Pepperdine University officials are monitoring several wildfires in Southern California. Currently, all University campuses are open. However we are evaluating conditions that could impact specific campuses, particularly Encino and West L.A. If campus conditions change we will notify the community as soon as possible. We will update this information by noon today.
Pepperdine has received information from Los Angeles County Fire concerning the Santa Paula Fire located in Ventura County. The fire is currently 31,000 acres, and has destroyed 150 structures and caused more than 27,000 people to be evacuated. Extra patrols for Los Angeles County Fire are moving through the Santa Monica Mountains looking for signs of additional sources of smoke or fire. The fire is not currently affecting any of Pepperdine’s campuses, but there is heavy smoke in Malibu.
Please be advised of the following:
- Community members whose homes are affected by the fire or road closures should follow the directions of their local governmental agencies.
- Road condition information is available on the University’s Road Condition hotline at 310.506.ROAD (7623).