Pepperdine continues to monitor the Wendy Fire in Newbury Park as well as the Saddleridge Fire near Porter Ranch and the Newhall Pass, north of the 118 freeway. At this time fire officials do not expect these fires to affect University campuses, although the campus community can expect smoke/air quality impacts throughout the day.
All campuses are open, and classes will be held as regularly scheduled. The University is addressing air quality issues, including the following:
- Campus HVAC settings at both Malibu and Calabasas have been adjusted to limit outside air intake and primarily circulate internal air.
- The University is securing air scrubbers which will be deployed at various locations.
- Masks will be available on the Malibu campus at the following locations: Howard A. White Center, Payson Library, Waves Cafe, Drescher Graduate Campus Library, Department of Facilities Services, and Department of Public Safety. Masks will also be available at the main reception desk at the Calabasas campus.
The campus community should be advised of the following:
- Waves Weekend events: Celebration Chapel has been canceled. The lunch scheduled in Adamson Plaza has been moved inside to the Waves Cafe. At this time, all other Waves Weekend events are proceeding as scheduled.
- The diving portion of today’s Athletics swim meet has been rescheduled for tomorrow.
The University will be monitoring weather developments throughout the day and will share additional information if conditions change.