Pepperdine is updating its social distancing and face covering policies in response to recent changes in orders and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the California Department of Public Health, Cal/OSHA, and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health.
Pepperdine’s COVID-19 protocols have been updated as follows and are effective immediately:
- Social Distancing. Generally, social distancing is no longer required on Pepperdine campuses in Southern California, though it may continue to be necessary in limited workplace settings, at athletics events, and at international campuses.
- Face Coverings. Generally, face covering guidance is as follows:
- Outdoors: Face coverings are no longer required.
- Indoors: Face coverings are required for unvaccinated individuals.
- On Campus Shuttles: Face coverings are required for all individuals riding a University shuttle regardless of vaccination status.
- In Healthcare Settings (including the Student Health Center): Face coverings are required for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status.
In the coming days, as the University evaluates updated guidance being released, additional changes can be expected to University COVID-19 protocols, including but not limited to, Daily Wellness Checks, campus visitor restrictions, and travel policies. Thank you for your partnership as the University community has persevered through the pandemic together. As always, the University strongly encourages everyone to get vaccinated if able. If you have questions regarding COVID-19 or the University’s pandemic response, you may reach out to the COVID-19 Information Line at 310.506.8111 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.