In response to increased community transmission of COVID-19, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has issued a new health order effective Sunday, July 18, 2021, which amends the face covering mandate and requires the use of face coverings in indoor public settings and businesses, regardless of vaccination status. This is a change from the previous order, which generally did not require vaccinated individuals to wear face coverings indoors.
Therefore, Pepperdine will update its face covering protocol to reflect this new health order. Beginning Sunday, July 18, 2021, Pepperdine’s face covering policy will require the following:
- Outdoors. Face coverings are not required.
- Indoors. All individuals, regardless of vaccination status, are required to wear face coverings in public indoor spaces.
- Residence Halls. Individuals sharing suites or apartments may be considered a household and are not required to wear face coverings while in their “home” area, but should wear face coverings when exiting their suite/apartment in public areas of the resident halls.
- Classes. Face coverings are required for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status.
- Workplaces. Face coverings are required for all individuals regardless of vaccination status, unless alone in an office.
- On Campus Shuttles. Face coverings are required for all individuals riding a University shuttle, regardless of vaccination status.
- In Healthcare Settings (including the Student Health Center). Face coverings are required for all individuals, regardless of vaccination status.
The University will continue to monitor health orders and guidance and will communicate any additional changes to University COVID-19 protocols. Please direct any questions to the COVID-19 Information Line at 310.506.8111 or via email at email@example.com.